cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow broadband speeds

Roundy

Very slow broadband speeds

Speeds are very slow at present and the family are struggling to use devices on the wifi and I'm really starting to think the broadband isn't fit for purpose.
The Internet and wifi lights are constantly flashing on the router and trying to watch stuff on my laptop/phone etc has constant buffering..any help would be appreciated.
I've taken my phone out of the micro filter and just have the router going into that at present.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Very slow broadband speeds

please provide the information requested in the ADSL Speed Faults sticky on this board
Roundy

Sorry not with you...what do you want me to provide?Huh
Roundy

Speed approx 4meg download
Noise margin 6.0/3.0
Plusnet 240 router
As mentioned no phone plugged into filter just router going into socket and the Internet/wifi lights constantly flashing.
Is this what you require?Huh
cedlor
Grafter

It is a little of what is required.
A "sticky" is a thread that is always at the top of a forum. The one referred to is this one
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143835.0.html
You need to read it and open all the links. Do the tests and cut and paste ALL  the results (delete router serial numbers phone numbers or anything you mkight think will identify you)
What speed were you getting ?- best ever speed?  maybe you are just expecting too much from your connection ( how many devices at a time?)
Without all the stats we cant tell what you should expect.  Is there a way you could upgrade - have you checked what services your exchange can provide - adsl : adsl2 : adsl2+: fibre.
Genarally the more effort you put in and the more information you provide will lead to more informed answers. Wink