cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow ADSL since activation

hekaren

Very slow ADSL since activation

We've been experiencing very slow ADSL download/upload speed since activation (12/02/2016). Download speed was around 0.2-0.6 mbps. We thought this could be the issue with the first ten days. But it never gone up (never reached one tenth of the estimate). We tried various ways, e.g. switch it off and on in the morning, reset the router to factory defaults, plug in a new router, try different phone sockets etc. None of them worked. All indicators on the router are green, and BTspeedtest wouldn't give us a detailed diagnose due to some sort of error. We have to buy a BT wifi to stay online (luck of us that there is a hotspot nearby!). Anybody can look into this for us? Cheers.
1 REPLY 1
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Very slow ADSL since activation

Hello there. I can see that our faults team have found a fault and have sent you an email with a few checks to do before we book an engineer visit. Once you've done these checks (most notably, the test socket, where you remove the front faceplate of the main socket), if you reply to the ticket online, we'll arrange the BT engineer to investigate further.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button