cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very minor power outage Saturday evening - now IP Profile down to 9000kbps!

Spruance
Grafter

Very minor power outage Saturday evening - now IP Profile down to 9000kbps!

I bet you all thought you'd seen the back of my problems. Grin
Anyway, at around 10:30pm last Saturday evening I was online and also had the TV on as I am inclined to do. The lights flickered and the PC rebooted but the TV stayed on so it was only an a momentary blip, and given that the lighting and sockets are on different circuits in my house it must have been a temporary power cut. Prior to this my router sync speed was around 11357kbps but now it is down to 10757kbps and what's worse my IP profile has plummeted to 9,000 from 10,000kbps. Surely BT's equipment isn't so inflexible as to apply a 1000kbpps profile drop for a no fault power outage of less than 1 second? Roll_eyes
I might add that I am still connected via the test socket whilst I sort out a more permanent solution.
Spruance
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Very minor power outage Saturday evening - now IP Profile down to 9000kbps!

HI Spruance,
I think the chances are that with it being 10.30pm it wouldn't have picked up the best sync rate. Try rebooting in daylight hours for a higher sync rate which will in turn lift the profile.
Jojo Smiley
Spruance
Grafter

Ok thanks Jojo I'll try that.  Smiley
Spruance

PS: Who'd have thought it - sync is now back at 11,258. Smiley
Thinking on, the IP profile was constant at 10,000 on Sunday so should I have rebooted the router during the daytime yesterday - in case it happens again -?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, restarting the router during Sunday daylight hours would have helped. However to get an IP profile of 10,000kbps sync speed needs to be above 11360kbps so you aren't quite there yet.
Before rebooting it is best to check the noise margin is at least 1dB above the target level.
David
Spruance
Grafter

Well it was 11446  for a day or two from 17th Nov and stats at the time were SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.5 / 12.0, as against SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 30.0 / 11.0 now, although I didn't check before I rebooted the router. All of this is still via the test socket as mentioned above.