cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low download speeds

8ashegreen

Very low download speeds

Please can someone help!!!!
Like many of the other posts on this forum, my download speed has fallen through the floor.
Attached are the results I got last night and I am confused as to why the download speed should be so poor when the line speed is good??  My IP profile has recovered over the past few days and reached a high of 2500kb (when me download speed was 225kbps!!!), but had been reduced to 2000kb last night.
Thanks in advance
Rob
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Very low download speeds

wmu217,
We're sorry to hear about this problem, could you please send me a PM with your username so I can check your account. If the IP profile has dropped again there could be an issue such as the connection dropping out so I would like to check for issues such as that for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Rob,
After checking your account I can see that the connection has been dropping out fairly frequently over the past 4 days and has caused the IP profile to drop down to 2mb. I would recommend using our fault checker at https://faults.plus.net as this will give you some suggestions as per the best diagnostics to perform to eliminate this issue being caused by any potential problems at your side and once eliminated will give you the opportunity of logging a fault with us if the problem is still evident.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Might be worth checking if your line code is on this list: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?id=9481
If it is, I'd recommend a bit of patience to see if your line stabilises after 2/4/2010.  I've been having a nightmare with my exchange since a major outage on 17th March.
HTH
Chris