cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad experience and still not fixed

priyanka123
Dabbler

Re: Very bad experience and still not fixed

Yes - called up the customer care and they had the usual response that its not working and they have raised a fault and cannot say anything more than that and I have to wait upto 72 hours. I asked if I can complain then they said there is nothing extra and I have to make a complaint on the website. So I have made a complaint also and just want to leave plusnet. Today also the same thing happened and frequent disconnections and no broadband for me just using my mobile internet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you have a fault on your line - your wires to the exchange - which is precisely what this seems to be (unless it's your filter - I see you didn't respond to picbits suggestion about trying another one) then it's not Plusnet's fault, they can't remotely connect and disconnect your wires.
It would seem that the last Openreach engineer probably didn't find the cause of an underlying intermittent fault which it would appear could have been present all the time. Intermittent faults can be a real problem to track down.
So you have to report a fault, which it appears you have done. This unfortunately takes time to process with Openreach and get an engineer out to find and fix the fault on your line. I'm afraid your "complaint" is likely to get nowhere as both the Regulator and the Ombudsman will tell you that you have to give the company a reasonable time to deal with the fault. Let's hope they do so quickly.
Oh, and in case it isn't obvious, if you have a line fault that isn't fixed, even if you went to another ISP, it's the same wires, so you take your fault with you, and it's still an Openreach engineer that has to fix it!
priyanka123
Dabbler

Hi
I have actually tried all the suggestions like trying 3 different micro filters, removing other equipment like sky box etc.also tried with test socket but unfortunately no luck. May not be a tech geek but in simple terms there have been 3 openreach engineers til now and if they can't find the fault or correct it then not sure where the fault lies. Also I have been using broadband from last 3.5 years and never had a problem and only thing which has changed in last 3 months is that I have moved to plusnet ans that's when this dropping off and other issue has started.
Anotherone
Champion

Well lines can develop faults as I'm sure you appreciate, especially with all the bad weather we have had, so you may just be very unlucky. The problem with some of the "engineers" that might have attended is they may not be that good at tracking Intermittent faults!
Who was your previous ISP, was it an LLU provider?
Can you post the current full DSL stats.
It might also be worth checking the basics - Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?
priyanka123
Dabbler

Hi
My previous ISP was O2 and landline was with postoffice. There has been no issue while using the landline I use it very less but its all clear. I am putting my DSL status below, thanks again for all your help
Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 0:13:02
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 780 / 14.913
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 426,74 / 785,42
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,2 / 21,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 17,1 / 31,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 9,6 / 6,6
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 3 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 105 / 2.745.513
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 5
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 44
Anotherone
Champion

Ok, so previously with O2 it would be different exchange equipment. I notice the short uptime, was/is there a reason for that? Has it recently been rebooted? The sync speed is OK, but there's a few CRC errors there for the short uptime.
Edit: Sorry forgot to check I guess that's the TG582n modem/router - which Firmware version and variant is it?
priyanka123
Dabbler

Hi - I had switched off the router as anyway it was not working and getting disconnected. Yes its TG582n router and software release 8.4.4.J and variant BV.
Thanks
PS: on a positive note it has been working fine from morning but I dont want to feel excited based on my past experience Sad
Anotherone
Champion

Ah, haven't seen variant BV, does yours have a USB port on it?
Can you check which Gateway you are on? If you have a sync loss can you again check which Gateway you are on after resync.
Can you post some more stats (hopefully you haven't rebooted or switched off since), would like to see stats with sync losses if there have been any.
priyanka123
Dabbler

Hi
You are currently connected to gateway pcl-ag02.
This is located in City Lifeline House.

DSL status below:
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 7:55:39
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 780 / 14.913
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 222,95 / 291,70
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,2 / 21,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 17,1 / 31,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 9,7 / 3,2
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 3.444 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 6.270 / 124.130.553
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 15.148
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 298.603
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm, not looking too good although sync hasn't dropped, the SNRM has gone down suggesting some noise or interference and there's a lot of errors.
Is you fault ticket still open? What's the ticket number?
priyanka123
Dabbler

Hi Question #68595138
Thanks
Anotherone
Champion

Hopefully we'll get one of the DCT to pick this up as clearly something is causing noise. But meanwhile don't forget the Gateway checks as this may relate to another issue that may be going on as well - I don't want to say too much as it may be a total red herring and I don't want to mislead anyone.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see your line is still dropping, though I hope you now have a dial tone on the phone line - is that still noisy at all? If so we might need to push back on the phone fault rather than move on with the broadband investigation. If the phone line is fine though then we definitely need to get the broadband fault escalated and pushed on.
Please let us know, cheers.
Anotherone
Champion

Any update on which Gateway you are on?
priyanka123
Dabbler

Hi Matt - I have checked and there is no issue with the phone. From yesterday I have not got any drop offs which disconnected my internet(atleast while I was using it) so if you can see any drop offs then I might be something technical.
Thanks
Quote from: Matt
Hi there,
I can see your line is still dropping, though I hope you now have a dial tone on the phone line - is that still noisy at all? If so we might need to push back on the phone fault rather than move on with the broadband investigation. If the phone line is fine though then we definitely need to get the broadband fault escalated and pushed on.
Please let us know, cheers.