Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Download's

Cogin
Grafter

Very Slow Download's

Help
Yesterday when I turned on my router I got my usual line rate of around 12920Kbps but things seemed slow. When I checked I was getting 2477Kbps down instead of my usual 10000+Kbps. Checked my Bt profile and it was still at 11000Kbps so I disconnected reconnected a few times and eventually got back to a near normal for me download speed.
Same thing has happened today excpt this time I've not been able to get anything better than 4633Kbps With a Bt profile of 11000Kbps.
Anyone got any ideas as to whats going on?
14 REPLIES 14
scootie
Grafter

Re: Very Slow Download's

you may of jumped on to the new empty host link when your downloads improved, what gateway are you on right now
http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway
bluewhale
Rising Star

this is what has been happening to me for a week or so now 😞
Cogin
Grafter

Hi
Asbo Dog
Thanks for your reply.
I'm afraid I can't use that link I'm a madasafish customer and I've not found a way to access any details like that on their web site.
scootie
Grafter

try a traceroute then. if your on windows os go to command promt and type tracert bbc.co.uk the 2nd hop is the gateway your connected to
James
Grafter

Hi,
We're currently looking at issues impacting our 21c customers.
Cogin
Grafter

Asbo Dog
2nd hop reads
1o0-brightview.thn-ag2.plus.net [195.166.128.89]
Jamesh
Wow thats an interesting statement. What do you meen by issues? Crap download speeds I guess.
James
Grafter

Yes - We've currently got reports of poor latency and speed on our THN-AG2 gateway.
We're working on it this very second.
Cogin
Grafter

Thanks Jamesh that's good to hear.
Cogin
Grafter

I've just turned on the router and I'm getting the same problem with my download speed as before one speed test showed a slower download speed than up.  Sad
The only thing is tha a tracert shows I'm connected via pcl-ag04.
Anyone know whats going on this time?Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Very Slow Download"s

Hi Cogin,
The issues James mentioned have been fixed now, and we're not aware of anything up with PCL-AG04. Which speed test did you use, and are you the only person using the connection at the moment?
chrisyoung
Grafter

im also seeing these problems. my profile is 16000 and should go up to 19000 once PM change my profile.
but for the last week or two the speed i am acheving is as low as 5000 also getting latency problems as well
regardless of what host link i am on.
scootie
Grafter

Re:Very Slow Download"s

Quote from: orbrey
Hi Cogin,
The issues James mentioned have been fixed now, and we're not aware of anything up with PCL-AG04. Which speed test did you use, and are you the only person using the connection at the moment?

i can say that the latency is still pants on both gateways after midnight, so ad be intrested in why you think the issue is fixed on the latency front, wheres your evidence of this pelease? mine says its still pants http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.msg655369.html#msg655369
did you magicaly fix them on sunday or today and tested that the midnight issue is no longer there?
James
Grafter

Sorry - Not Matts fault.
He asked me earlier - the ERX load issue was fixed on Friday, but obviously you've been having midnight latencyisues over the weekend.
Cogin
Grafter

Oh dear more of the same slow downloads. This time I'm connected via PLC-AG04 but things are still very slow.
In answer to Asbo dogs questions No I am the only one connected  and I used My Broadband speed test via Madasafishes web site and Speedtest.com. I did aCheck with BT's speed test just to get my IP profile as they always report much slower downloads than the others so I don't take much notice of their reported download speed.
Todays test's Mybroadband 1020kbps down 892kbps up
Speedtest.com 0.88Mbps down 0.78Mbps up.
Before I was getting an adverage of 10370kbps down and 862kbps up
Up's ok dowm is pants. I'm going to try a few reconnects in a bit to see what happens. This started on the 29.10.09 I know because I've been doing a speed check every time I boot the router to see if ADSL2+ is actualy stable and really worth paying more money for before I have to.
I've got no idea whats happened nothing has changed my end.