cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Broadband

1Tash1
Hooked

Very Slow Broadband

My broadband is running way too slow. I'm getting 1mbps download speeds and it's been going on for about a week now. I'm also getting crackling noises coming through my phone. I'm not sure what to do next.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Very Slow Broadband

First thing to do, @1Tash1 , is to get your phone sorted. Who do you pay for your line rental? If it is Plusnet, report a phone fault to them, if it isn't, report the phone fault to whoever you do.

If you still have a broadband fault after that has been resolved, raise a BB fault with PN.

Until the phone fault is rectified, the broadband will not recover.

John
1Tash1
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, I will update the thread if this solves my problem.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @1Tash1,

Your line looks to have a loop fault on it. If you can unplug everything from the sockets and let us know once you have, we'll retest it - this includes all phones, extensions, alarms, the router etc so that the socket and any other sockets in use for the telephone number are bare.. If the loop faults clears then it's likely that something plugged in is causing a problem. If it's still showing we'll likely have to progress the matter via a fault. 

1Tash1
Hooked

Okay, I've unplugged everything.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks @1Tash1.

On repeat testing we're still detecting the issue and so will need to arrange for an engineer to attend the premises to investigate and hopefully repair the problem.

Due to this, we've sent you a ticket which is accessible here that we do need a response to.

If you can let us know via this Community thread as soon as you've sent your ticket response we can ensure that it's picked up ASAP.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@1Tash1 

For information a loop fault can be detected if there are accessories attached to your phone line that permanently gets its power from the phone line rather than a separate power supply. I once had a detected loop fault that was caused by a CPR Call Blocker, which I ditched in favour of a Call Guardian equipped phone. A faulty microfilter could also be the cause.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

1Tash1
Hooked

I responded to the ticket Smiley

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @1Tash1

Thanks for responding to the ticket - I can see that we've booked this in for you here.

Let us know how you get on after the engineer visit.

Thanks

Dave