cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection lost today

firtha19
Hooked

Re: VPN connection lost today

I lost access this morning as well too. After investigating I found that my dns was unable to resolve my vpn service but could resolve everything else. Try setting your dns servers to use say Google’s (8.8.8.8) and try again.

Seems like plusnet dns must be poising or not advertising our correctly to me as my router dns would no longer request it from the plusnet servers but would for others.
firtha19
Hooked

Google’s dns is

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
duckandgoat
Dabbler

Unfortunately, with my Hub One, I have no control over the DNS settings, but I can see how that could work (I get a "host not found" error) - thanks anyway

firtha19
Hooked

Set it on your client rather than the hub. 👍
duckandgoat
Dabbler

I can do that on my PC, but not my work one, which is locked down more than the hub... and my IT Support is telling me it's not their problem and to talk to your broadband provider...

emsybunny
Dabbler

Yeah exact same problem! When my laptop won't pick up a VPN I just can't access any internet on it at all.
I logged a ticket with plusnet who did come back with some help (despite their refusal on phone!)
They said if you go to browser settings. In advanced, and broadband, VPN must have the yes selection. Mine did say no, I have changed it but it's made no difference Sad
emsybunny
Dabbler

i can't do this on my laptop unfortunately. When my laptop won't pick up a VPN I just can't access any internet on it at all.
I logged a ticket with plusnet who did come back with some help (despite their refusal on phone!)
They said if you go to browser settings. In advanced, and broadband, VPN must have the yes selection. Mine did say no, I have changed it but it's made no difference Sad
I did that on my home Mac book.