cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Priority on Legacy Packages

mcgurka
Grafter

VPN Priority on Legacy Packages

Hey guys, I have having problems with someone I know, they VPN connection (IPSEC) keeps dropping out.
The line is with PN, syncs at 5Mbit and does not seem to drop out, but the VPN does.

The only thing which springs to mind here is traffic management, but hopefully one of you guys can confirm how the VPN should perform for me.
The customer is on Premier Opt 1
Thanks
Scott
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: VPN Priority on Legacy Packages

Hi Scott,
VPN traffic should be treated as Gold, so I'd check the packet drops graphs and see if any gold drops are occurring at the same time, but they really shouldn't be.
Linkiossimmo
hulls
Grafter

Hi
I VPN into work occasionally, and don't usually have any problems (apart from the speed, but that's because my employers have tied the security down so tightly, that it grinds everything to a halt!!)
When the connection has dropped in the past, I found that all my colleagues were having the same issue, so it was in all probability the company firewall causing the problem.
John
paulby
Grafter

Scott,
We've had a similar problem with my wife's VPN into her office.  Generally a router reboot fixes it believe it or not!  (It was something Jameseh suggested)
The VPN will work fine for ages but if the router has been up for about two weeks without a reboot the VPN (the client is on the PC and it's a PPTP tunnel) drops every five or ten minutes and is unusable.  A router reboot fixes it every time!  The router is a Draytek Vigor 2800.