cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU up the creek... again

Be3G
Grafter

VMBU up the creek... again

Today's the first day of my billing month, which means it's easy for me to compare what VMBU's telling me I've used with what I actually have used. And it seems that VMBU - in particular, the Ellacoya data in 'view internet activities' - is very confused.
First problem:
The VMBU summary page says I've used 101MB paid-for usage and 935MB free usage - so about 10% and 90% paid/free. VIA ('view internet activities'), on the other hand, says those same percentages are 77% and 23%.
Second problem:
The only online video or audio I've consumed was 820MB from 1:05am to 2:20am when I watched an episode of Top Gear on iPlayer. I would therefore be expecting to see all streaming showing as free usage in VIA - but it's not; 5% of my total usage is apparently paid-for streaming. Furthermore, 820MB is about 80% of all of the data I've used this billing month - yet the streaming total in VIA is only 22%.
Third possible problem:
This one I cannot be certain about, but my gut feeling is that the 935MB free usage last night is a bit high. Between midnight and when I went to bed, I watched the aforementioned episode of Top Gear, browsed through approximately 40 mostly cached webpages, and did some writing on an online blog. Considering that Top Gear was 820MB, using a further 115MB from the usage I've just described seems fairly unlikely.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: VMBU up the creek... again

Hi Thomas,
We did have a problem, which was resolved earlier today with Ellacoya aggregation, which I suspect may have created some spurious results.  I imagine that may explain some of the oddness you were seeing.
As it only seems to have affected your free usage, I wouldn't be too overly concerned.
Be3G
Grafter

Good, so nothing ongoing then. Thanks James.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Ellacoya aggregation
  Huh  Huh