cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDSL with Draytek 2850

solfonn

VDSL with Draytek 2850

Just received a Vigor 2850n to go with my FTTC service from Plus.Net.
It took an email to Draytek to find this out, so I wanted to make it more visble.
(Draytek publish instructions for the V2750 here: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_v2750_setup.html)
The key information you need is that the VDSL service needs a VLAN Tag of 101.
You'll find the VLAN setting on WAN\General Setup\WAN1: set VLAN Tag insertion (VDSL) to 'enable' and enter a Tag Value of 101.
Of course, you have to enter your <username>@plusdsl.net and password (in WAN\Internet Setup\Internet Access: WAN1 Details Page).
Doing both of these from factory-reset gets my VDSL connected.
As far as I can tell, these settings will work for VDSL from other providers (including BT).
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: VDSL with Draytek 2850

Good post solfonn, I hope others find this helpful.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Just for curiosity, was the issue of this Vigor 2850n VDSL2 modem a one-off replacement for the Huawei HG612 FTTC modem as usually provided by BT Openreach for FTTC services via Plusnet, or are you now issuing them for use with all new Plusnet FTTC services?
Paul.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We don't supply Draytek routers so it won't have been from us.
Just received a Vigor 2850n to go with my FTTC service from Plus.Net.

I think the OP meant that they'd received the router from elsewhere to go with the FTTC service from us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We don't supply Draytek routers so it won't have been from us.
I think the OP meant that they'd received the router from elsewhere to go with the FTTC service from us.

Ah. My misunderstanding.
It was just that the Vigor information link stated that it could be used IN PLACE of the HG612...........
Paul.