cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my own router?

shivers
Dabbler

Using my own router?

I am a new Plusnet customer and not yet connected Is it possible to continue to use my own router?
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Using my own router?

yes
This gives the settings for ADSL http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
fibre is different
Alex2x
Grafter

That is what I did when I joined, I had a Netgear DG834N and a Bt home hub 2, although they both worked previously with my old ISP, I got constant disconnections with PlusNet, whether its a coincidence that both off these routers were faulty I don't know. The SNR noise margin kept dropping and my connection because off that dropped. If I was you I would use the plusnet router for £5.99 its well worth it.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The BT hub 3 should work with okay with plusnet. Providing you are using the login details
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Alex2x
Grafter

Are you saying that I was using incorrect details lol.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I'm not implying that you are using incorrect details. I'm just saying it SHOULD WORK! I use it and have no problems.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Alex2x
Grafter

Cheesy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Get yourself a decent router or move back to BT!
Alex2x
Grafter

Lol what a fanny.
Malsford

yes
This gives the settings for ADSL http://www.plus.net/suppo...connection-settings.shtml
fibre is different
« Last Edit: 11/05/2013, 13:24 by Oldjim »

Please could you tell me what the connection settings are for fibre? I'm trying to connect my TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to my BT modem.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

That link gives both ADSL and Fibre settings, the Fibre ones are just below the ADSL ones.
Edit: Having looked in detail, the Fibre ones on that page don't mention a password but it's the same as for the ADSL settings.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OZ
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
That link gives both ADSL and Fibre settings, the Fibre ones are just below the ADSL ones.
Edit: Having looked in detail, the Fibre ones on that page don't mention a password but it's the same as for the ADSL settings.

So a password is not required for the Fibre service?
All4One
Grafter

A password would be required for ADSL & Fibre when either logging into your router and for Broadband username and pw to connect to the interwebs.