cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EyeTV Connect with Thomson Gateway router

minto2k

Using EyeTV Connect with Thomson Gateway router

Anyone been able to successfully connect the iphone 'EyeTV' app to their MAC via the Thomson Gatway router?
I have attached a screen shot telling me that the router has not been properly configured.  I have enabled the UPnP in the settings.  Not sure what else to do. Embarrassed
I was using a BT Home hub previously and was able to connect to my mac without any problems.  The app just times out now and says 'unable to connect'.  i think it is a setting in the router that needs adjusted.  My firewall has both EyeTV and Eye Connect enabled for traffic.
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Using EyeTV Connect with Thomson Gateway router

Hi minto2k,
Firstly, was the iPhone connected via wifi or 3g at the time? It should work fine over wifi (provided it's connected to the same network as the apple TV is), if it doesn't then there's something going on because you won't need to forward any ports if the iPhone is on the same network.
If it was on 3G then you'll need to open the relevant ports on the router - I believe it's port 2170 and it'll need to be forwarded to the appleTV device. You can do that in the router settings, as per http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TG585v8/Left_4_Dead.htm (ignore the game name and actual port numbers, and substitute name for 'eyeTV' and the port for 2170).
Hope that gets it sorted for you, please let us know.
minto2k

Matt,
Thanks for the swift response.
I have tried to connect to EyeTV via my iphone, using both a 3G and wireless connection recently.  The EyeTV Connect app automatically finds my EyeTV library and also the live TV stream, giving me two options to choose.  Both options create an 'egg timer spiny thing' and then after a minute or so the 'failed to connect' message appears.  (Minor point - I am using a mac mini, not an Apple TV).
There is an option to set up a connection mannually in the EyeTV Connect app, which asks for your IP address and port number.  Unfortunately this produced the same result as above. Embarrassed
I will try opening the port within the router tonight.  I suspected this would be the answer but was unsure what info to put in.  Thanks for the link.
I hope it works.
Gavin
minto2k

Matt,
I have had a go at the various steps in the link provided, but still have no joy.  I suspect I have done something wrong Undecided
Would you mind having a look at the few screen shots of the settings?
Thanks in advance.
Gavin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
That all looks fine in the router settings, provided they've been saved.
When the iPhone is connected via wifi, are you able to connect it to the apple TV by just putting in the IP address of 192.168.1.75 (with the port number in if needed, though it shouldn't be for an internal connection)? If that doesn't work then something's going on with the connection between the phone and the TV box, and I very much doubt it'll be anything to do with the router. I suggest getting internal connectivity sorted before worrying about opening and forwarding ports to be honest.