cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Of Phone Disrupts Broadband

OwldChap
Grafter

Re: Use Of Phone Disrupts Broadband

Thank you @aesmith for your post and comments.

I have been pressing PlusNet to agree that I can leave without any contractual penalty, PlusNet ABSOLUTELY refuse to allow this to happen despite the abysmal service for 11 weeks now. PlusNet seem to want to grind people into the ground, and make things difficult. Since the changes to Members Centre when trying to post in Members Centre Notes you are expected to type into a text window 50mm x 8mm. 

@MatthewWheeler I would be grateful if you could please explain where has question #179997422 disappeared to, no longer available in Members Centre?

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

From reviewing your account this is due to the question closing due to inactivity from yourself.

You can still view it by going here but it won't show as a open question due to it being closed

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you for your assistance @MatthewWheeler

I have tried the link provided in both Edge and IE 11 but it does not work.

I have tried the search facility dates between and it does not appear in the list with the other closed questions.

No matter I have asked the member of the Advocate's team to explain.

It seems PlusNet are determined to disrupt my evidence to the Ombudman's Service cutting my line off and removing questions from Members Centre.

Many thanks for your efforts much appreciated.   

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies it looks like the link I provided had an error in it.

This one should work

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

Thank You for your assistance @MatthewWheeler

I have tried the revised link this takes me to help assistant.

I fill in the closed questions between dates from when I joined PlusNet till present and question #179997422 does not appear in the list. Many Thanks any way as I say I have taken the matter up with the member of the Advocates Team. 

OwldChap
Grafter

Continued erratic performance from the Plusnet service, I had to restart router as being bombarded by CRC errors 1258 a minute web browser just ground to a halt and was unable to load any web page. Plusnet;s Member of the Advocates team regards this as normal and CRC errors are no cause for concern. Again today still increasing minute by minute 30 per minute. The general consensus of opinion seems to suggest from what information I can gather is that this means there are still problems with the service. Plusnet just dragging this out as long as they can.

Today SNR Downstream high 9.5dB, interleave 32, INP 1.9 and 1.7

Response text box still not fixed in members centre notes as usual Plusnet want to make things as difficult as they can for their elderly customers.

Plusnet wilfully still withholding access to evidence I require on #179997422, no links provided work and no search parameters provided work to access this document.

Screen Shot 12-03-18 at 06.28 PM.JPGScreen Shot 12-03-18 at 08.30 PM.jpg

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It probably doesn't help that you now appear to be using a modem featuring the notoriously dubious MediaTek (TrendChip) modem chipset. It'll probably connect at a slightly higher speed while racking up far more errors than most other modems. Of course this won't make the slightest bit of difference if your line is still faulty.

OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you @ejs for your post.

Same problem with BT Smart Hub 6 although the errors are not posted in the router stats the Internet irrevocably grids to a halt web pages stop loading.

OwldChap
Grafter

Surprise!!! Surprise!!! all just starting again.

Noise on the line.

Use the telephone Broadband disconnects cannot reconnect until end of conversation and then have to reboot the router to get it to resynchronise the broadband. 

Back To Square One.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @OwldChap

Sorry to hear that this has reoccurred.

I can see that you have a ticket detailing the current status of your complaint with us here. Could you please continue to respond to that ticket if you require any action to be taken that is not already detailed on that ticket?

If you do update that ticket, please let me know and I'll ensure that your case handler picks up your response accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave