Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Of Phone Disrupts Broadband

OwldChap
Grafter

Re: Use Of Phone Disrupts Broadband

Thank you @JOLO for your comments.

Very bad disruption most of the day multiple disconnects possibly some one messing with the line same as yesterday no warning given so do not know what is going on been going on for months now with different ISP, FTTC or ADSL doe's not make any difference. Why don't Openreach just say they can not fix it or that is not worth fixing at least we will know were we stand, they obviously do not have a clue as to the cause of the problem or they would have fixed it months ago. 

Ridiculous figures in router stats unfortunately to slow to catch them massive swings in SNR very much larger than those below. Perhaps they show up to PlusNet / Openreach monitoring who knows, this seems to be a complete mystery to the experts. Going from the report by Openreach on the ticket all is well as far as they are concerned. I notice that on the engineers report for the visit on 11/09/2018 "NTE replaced as it was obsolete" The NTE5C Mk 4 was not replace as it is not obsolete it is the latest version and was replace 3 months ago on a previous engineers visit. He also said that setting had been changed to keep the SNR between 6dB to 12dB clearly this did not happen and any explanation will do for old folk.  SNR 3.3dB/6.1dBSNR 3.3dB/6.1dBSNR 4.7/-4.5dBSNR 4.7/-4.5dB 

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @OwldChap,

Thanks for getting in touch. We can see that the connection stabilized around 16:00pm however we would like to see if this remains stable over the weekend.

Please get back to us via th fault ticket we your availability and here to confirm you have done this, we will get this picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you @SammyM for your message.

Did PlusNet find a resolution to the problem during their testing yesterday?

What is the interleave set now?

What caused the major disruption?

Has the problem been resolved?

Many thanks 

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi there,

I can see that the connection has now been solid for 48 hours, so hopefully the problem is resolved. With regards to Interleaving, it's currently turned on.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you for your Post @deank

Please could you  help with the questions.

What is the interleave level set at now 64/8? Slower response when on the internet?

What was the cause of the major disruption on Friday would that be testing of the line or the fault?

If the problem is resolved PlusNet will know what the problem was please could you let me know what was wrong with my telephone line?

What had to be done to the telephone line to resolve the problems?

Thank you very much in advance.

OwldChap

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @OwldChap,

I've taken a look into this issue again today and I can see that the connection dropped out again for a couple of times last night. It's possible that this is a coincidence and unrelated to the fault, for example if there was a power cut or if you've rebooted the router, however if the issue continues to happen and if you're still noticing any issues from your end of things I would recommend that we look into progressing the investigation of the fault and we'll need you to read and respond to my previous ticket update to do this, which can be viewed here.

Regarding the questions that you've posed, the SNR rate is monitored and managed by a system known as Dynamic Line Management (DLM for short) and depending on various factors this feature may lower or raise the SNR rate to provide a more stable connection. As we don't know for certain if the fault has been 100% resolved as of yet it's hard to say where it lies and so my best advice at this stage would be to keep a further eye on things from your side and if you do notice any issues then let us know by responding to this ticket so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ Thank you for your post

Major interference phone knocking out broadband major noise on line at times this afternoon and tonight.

Been going on for months now with Openreach

Members Centre  Note Amended.

High SNRHigh SNRVery Low Downstrem SpeedVery Low Downstrem Speed.

OwldChap
Grafter

Hello @LaurenB

Internet not working as it should very low speed. Very bad yesterday / last night.

Just been monitoring router stats numbers jumping about all over the place, very noisy line 

High SNRHigh SNR

OwldChap
Grafter

Responded to PlusNet,  No Response from PlusNet.

PLUSNET REVENGE

OwldChap
Grafter

Broadband useless again today well below minimum speed.

Now getting a collection of videos that show the phone / broadband connected via micro filter and show when the telephone is used the router light show a disconnection from broadband and also records the noise on the line.

Latest drop when using Telephone, does not matter how many different micro filters used still disconnects

Latest Drop, Because Of Use Of PhoneLatest Drop, Because Of Use Of Phone

OwldChap
Grafter

Just picked phone up no dial tone and voice saying hello hello, on the line so something seriously wrong with this telephone line back to party line days years since I have had that at least you knew it was a party line and you had to press a button on the top of the phone to get a dial tone. Is this now a party line now. Do PlusNet know what they are doing seems not this has been a disaster from the very start Forced to Change Telephone Number,Broadband Constantly Dropping Now Unusable. Screen Shot 09-20-18 at 11.35 AM.jpg 

OwldChap
Grafter

Yes I was correct PlusNet withhold support because of other problems but now issued a deadlock letter.

False Numbers I router stats. Speed test taken over ethernet connection the only type of connection I use.

Still noise on line. No support from PlusNet now abysmal BroadbandScreen Shot 09-20-18 at 01.26 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-20-18 at 01.47 PM.jpg 

OwldChap
Grafter

827 Kbps / 390 Kbps

888 / 2680

9.7 dB / 34.3 dB

42.5 dB

Line still below minimum speed Downstream also very high noise margin. I suppose PlusNet still will be taking payment form the pensioner for this useless service over the last few days and withheld support whilst you sorted the deadlock letter for the other problem. Noise on the line. Fault reported 2 weeks ago now posted dates for engineer to attend no response from PlusNet so had to with draw the dates.

PlusNet have no answers. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @OwldChap

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that my colleague is awaiting an update from yourself on your open fault ticket here.

Best wishes,

Dave

OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you @RandallFlagg for your post and that forum staff have been allowed to resume support by PlusNet.

It sad to know that PlusNet withheld support as vindictive act because of other problems.

I posted dates for an engineers visit but because PlusNet thought they could bully a pensioner they ignored them for days.

The connection was down during the night from 00:34:53 to 02:01:00 21 September 2018 the broadband is next to useless and is well below minimum speed PlusNet grind people into the dirt.

Silly numbers in router stats

0 Days, 8 Hours 30 Minutes 21 Seconds

824 Kbps / 547 Kbps

796 / 232

4.7 dB / 4.3 dB

41 dB

25.3 dB / 41 dB

Many Thanks to Dave G also. Dates Posted On Members Centre Tread.