cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage notification by e-mail

moira
Dabbler

Usage notification by e-mail

I have just received an e-mail saying that I have nearly exceeded my usage for this month? I dont understand? Ive never had this before. If this is a new thing then I will have to change my provider.could somone explain please?
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Usage notification by e-mail

Have you checked here https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
moira
Dabbler

Yes Ive used 8 mb  and I have 10. My next bill is 17 Oct so I dont know if it will last until then. Is this a new thing as Ive never been notified of this before please?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I would think that if you haven't passed the trigger point before you wouldn't have received notification.
I don't think it's a particularly new procedure however I rarely if ever get any where near my limit.
You can add another 5GB but being so close to your billing date it might not be a wise investment.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The email warning is sent out when usage reaches 80% of your allowance just to make you aware of the situation. If your billing day is 17th October you've used that 8GB in 90% of the month; if usage continues at the same rate under 1Gb should be used in the rest of the month and you wouldn't exceed your 10GB allowance.
If you want to avoid any extra charge you can set the Maximum Extra Spend value in the Member Centre Manage My Usage tool to £0.0 and accept reduced speed for a while until billing month end.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moira,
I can see your usage has now been reset, hope that's sorted things for you. If there's any further questions you have that the above posts don't answer please let us know and we'll do what we can.