cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage limit worry

mpratley
Dabbler

Usage limit worry

If you get to your usage limit and reach your price limit what happens if you keep using the service does it just slow down?
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Usage limit worry

When you reach your limit your traffic will be stopped and if you try to visit a web page you'll be redirected to the data transfer watch page on the portal. This will give you the option to change the limit if you wish to pay for more bandwidth.
Hope that helps,
Santiago
Grafter

The option to buy more bandwidth is not available on all products though, is it?
James
Grafter

It's available on Value, Pro, Broadband PAYG and Broadband Your Way.
mpratley
Dabbler

James I'm confused because I have data watch which I had an email saying i'd gone over my limit but my connection still works and when I spoke to customer services last night they said the connection just slows downmy username is mpratley1986 could you have a look because I'm worried I'm going to get a bill now
thanks
James
Grafter

That's a bit different.
If you go over your usage allowance, the speeds will just slow down.  You can then elect to pay for additional usage or just live with the speeds.
However, there is also something called data transfer watch which essentially allows you to stop going over the amount that you pre-select.  Your connection would then essentuially, stop, rather than just be slowed down.