Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage is off the Chart!!!

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Usage is off the Chart!!!

Quote from: Superted
... if I made a highly opinionated statement, it is just that.

Of course and you've a perfect right to, and my comment was just as opinionated so don't be offended  Wink
I think that the point being made is simply that many people (to judge by the number of people who choose the tariff) find that a low data cap is enough for their needs. It wouldn't be fair for PlusNet to average everyone so that the low users end up paying for the high users' usage. There's a variety of tariffs and it isn't hard to realise that if you're a heavy user you need a more expensive product. No different to the range of mobile phone tariffs you've alluded to where people balance their costs against their usage. (As you'd guess I'm on PAYG  ;))
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
johnsav
Dabbler

I think it may be the Ethernet connection to your SKY+HD box. I'm investigating as we speak so watch this space.
Just a question, was all of the extra usage that you didn't expect gaming data?

Cheers
John
jahmoo

Hi Guys,
Cheers for all the feedback, its really appreciated and nice to see all getting along Smiley
I have had a look at the Usage link, which I have been keeping my eye on for a while, though did not notice the breakdown link. 15% WEB, 10% GAME & 14% STREAMING, so far used over 16GB peak time, my partner does most of her streaming in the night, as I said so Wink
Total usage is 40GB and month end is 11th Dec.
My son plays the game and Monday he had a little play on Awesomenauts, which is online play, but only for a short while, so used under 200MB's where we have been averaging 500-600 a day in use, so must be gaming and Facebook, told the wife to switch off roaming as well, so might make a difference.
I was a Talk Talk customer before, did not get any charges for extra stuff, but then 40GB was my allowance, did not take any notice, this due to not getting extra charges, like now with Plus Net. Will have to look out next time. I will upgrade to Extra with 60GB, that way I pay an extra couple of quid, but I do not have to keep an eye on things, just use it, best way  Tongue
THANKS AGAIN ALL Kiss