cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage for new customers

Laroc
Grafter

Usage for new customers

As an ADSL PN customer for 18+ months, I pay £9.99 per month for a 2Gb usage.
The Home page advert shows the PN Value BB package at £5.99 which allows 10Gb usage.
I recommended this deal to a colleague of mine, so he will pay £4 less than me for his monthly rental and yet gets 5X the usage allowance.
Guess who is smiling ?
This is not a level playing field for existing and new customers ?
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Usage for new customers

There is nothing to stop you changing to the new product but it will mean a minimum 12 month tie in.
Also the lower figure only applies if you are on a Market 3 exchange
Have a read of the first post in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74429.0.html
Laroc
Grafter

Yes, I appreciate the Mk3 exchange but it does seem bizarre to the lay person.
I look at your URL and found this:-
Stay as you are, on your current product and terms
- Move to one of the new products, on a 12 month contract, with introductory pricing but no hardware, but keeping any value added services which are active on your account at present
- Move to one of the new products, on an 18 month contract, and take advantage of the free hardware and house move (you also get the introductory pricing, and to keep any current value added services)
- Move to another BBYW product on the same terms (if you're an existing BBYW customer only)
- Recontract on your current product (£3 off for 12 months subject to a 12 month contract)

Does this mean PN will give me £3 off my current rental for sticking with an old product on a new 12 month contract, I could then afford to buy a couple of Gb more usage ?Huh
Your thoughts ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I have a nasty feeling that the £3 off offer has finished  Sad
Be3G
Grafter

Well the page for it still exists: https://www.plus.net/save/
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Obviously the nasty feeling was indigestion and not the withdrawn offer  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its a shame, but there was also an offer on at the end of last year that Jim and I took to switch to the 10G package, that unfortunately has finished.
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/12/17/10gb-broadband-offer-broadband-only
Do you get the Newsletters?  it was detailed on there.  some people dont realize that opting out of the PN  publicity causes your predicament
Be3G
Grafter

I'm on that too... but to be honest it offers no advantage over Value for people in market 3 areas - still required a 12 month contract, yet costs £10 rather than £6. It does have slightly different traffic management rules applied to it, although nothing of too much consequence to the average internet user.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well, they did muck Up my 3 months at a lower rate, got to check but think my last one runs out on the 24th, then will change to Value - the 10GBBYW1 was a few pence cheaper on the 3 month bit Wink Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I already have
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I know Jim, have checked got one more discount due on the 24th, then pester James to move me
Laroc
Grafter

Thanks to all for those valuable comments.
I have now found the URL detailing the £3 offer
I will also sign up for the newsletter, didnt know it existed.