cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage charge limit setting in Connection Settings

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Usage charge limit setting in Connection Settings

I have just changed one of my referral accounts from legacy BB+ to BBYW Option 1.
There used to be a function in Connections Settings to set the maximum spend for usage above the Included limit. Where has this gone? I couldn't see it in his acount.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Usage charge limit setting in Connection Settings

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi OJ, thanks for the piccy. However, the Control my Broadband and the Interleaving Icons don't appear on his account.
Perhaps they will appear when the product change occurrs  Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Very likely  Roll_eyes
Wheel_nut
Grafter

The product change has been effected and the Icon has appeared in Connection settings.
I realise that I can raise the Usage allowance and it will cost £1-25 per GB. Can somebody tell me:
1) If I "Set A Broadband Price Limit", say £14-99; What is the cost per GB for usage above 2GB?
2) Will an additional GB be added to my usage allowance each time the limit is breached until the Price limit is reached?
3) What happens when the Price Limit is reached? Does the speed get throttled to 128Kbps until the end of the month?
The answers may seem obvious but I couldn't find them on the portal.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

1) The Broadband Price Limit is independent of how you buy extra GB. On Option 1  extra usage upfront is £1 per GB and £1.25 per GB if you just pay for any extra as you use it.
So if you pay upfront it is £1 per GB even if you don't use it but £1.25 per GB added as you reach the prepaid limit
2) Yes - but not permanently. When you start a new month you go back to whatever is your prepaid limit
3)Yes except certain protocols are blocked
for future reference http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbyw_information.shtml
How to add extra usage
Extra usage
We know that sometimes you might need more usage, for example if you're working from home or the kids are off school. That's why we make it easy to increase your allowance.
On Options 2, 3 and Pro, extra usage is just 75p per GB if you add it upfront or £1 per GB if you just pay for any extra as you use it. On Option 1 and our Essential product, extra usage upfront is £1 per GB and £1.25 per GB if you just pay for any extra as you use it.
If you know you don't want to pay any extra you can set a price limit. If you reach this limit, we'll restrict your speeds to 128k and certain types of usage - Usenet, peer-to-peer and FTP - are blocked until you are next billed. A limit is set as standard if you choose one of our standard Broadband Your Way options.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thanks again OJ. All is clear now.
Best regards, R