cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help with question 145311877 please!

FIXED
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Urgent help with question 145311877 please!

Fix

No worries. I've been checking your fault everyday and I'm seeing it's not been assigned to an engineer as of yet. As it's still within the response time we've been given we're unfortunately not able to chase Openreach. Sad

I'm rota'd off tomorrow, but I've already passed your account to one of my colleagues to contact Openreach tomorrow and he will provide you an update via your ticket.

I'm really sorry for the length of time this is dragging on for and for the inconvenience caused.

As for your fibre activation, our suppliers have pushed this back to the 24th March due to engineer availability in your area I'm afraid. Apologies that you weren't made aware of this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
lancem
Dabbler

I appreciate the response, many thanks!
lancem
Dabbler

Hate to say it but Fiber was activated today (email saying so at about 1am) but the old problem from last week has resurfaced somehow! We have an orange blinking light and can't even connect the router to get it set up Sad
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm sorry to hear this Sad I've left the office for the weekend I'm afraid however if you private message me with your landline phone number (if you know it) I will be happy to run a few tests via our suppliers systems.

+Edit+

@lancem - Thanks for the private message. Just tested your line and I'm not identifying any problems. The router's in sync with the exchange but it's not authenticating. It's possible it's just the auto setup of the router not quite working correctly.

Are you able to access the router gateway at http://192.168.1.254, ideally using an Ethernet connection from a laptop or PC? If so, I think you'll just need to connect using your [username]@plusdsl.net and your account password.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
lancem
Dabbler

I've connected via ethernet and basically i get as far as selecting the option to enter my username and password in the hub manager, but then it just says 'PPP connecting' continually. This is also the case after resetting the router a couple of times. It can't seem to pick up a connection just enough to enter the log in details! So it's stuck with the setup@plusdsl.net one and i cant change it!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

I am not in front of mine now, but if you go to advanced settings. And I think broadband, press the disconnect button, and once it has you should then be able to enter your username and password, and then press connect.

If it's anything like when I first joined, it may take a few attempts.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Can you try unplugging the DSL cable from the router then enter your connection details, press connect then plug the DSL cable back in? This should hopefully fix the spinning PPP connecting issue.
lancem
Dabbler

I managed to get as far as entering the password about an hour ago so that's that sorted. No connection still despite trying the suggestions kindly offered above . Still just the solid orange light and the spinning icon on screen despite entering correct password.

I might give up now and try again in the morning.
lancem
Dabbler

Okay still absolutely nothing today and it's now been well over 24 hours since activation. I saw something in another thread with identical issue stating 'password was missing from the radius server'. Could that be the problem? I'm clutching at straws now seeing as, like you say, you can pick up the router your end.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry to hear you still can't connect. Sad It's possible that you may be affected by the radius password issue though as far as we're aware it's just affecting new customers.

I'll check up on things for you Monday morning, apologies if you don't manage to fix it over the weekend.
lancem
Dabbler

Thanks buddy, still ongoing today! I'll leave router switched on tomorrow for any tests etc. Have a good weekend​! (What's left of it)
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You could just give them a call, or use chat and maybe get an answer today?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your patience @lancem It looks like a cross jumpering problem as your circuit is in sync but the flashing light on the router is indicating it's out of sync.

I've updated your ticket now, if you let me know on here once you've replied I can get the engineer booked in for you. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.