cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help requried - connection dropping. Been on phone for 4 hours and disconnected twice

Connorjw92

Urgent help requried - connection dropping. Been on phone for 4 hours and disconnected twice

Please can someone help me urgently

I have tried since 8.13 this morning on the phone. The phone disconnected for the second time and now the phone lines are not accepting calls. The last person I spoke to was testing the line when the phone disconnected. Neither have rang me back

Our connection keeps dropping intermittently. usually every couple of minutes. We have 3 people remote working in this property. Two will not get paid and one works for the NHS providing mental health support to front line staff.

I am really at the end of my tether here and on the verge of a breakdown all at the fault of plusnet's very poor service and customer service. 

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Urgent help requried - connection dropping. Been on phone for 4 hours and disconnected twice

Connorjw92

Re: Urgent help requried - connection dropping. Been on phone for 4 hours and disconnected twice

Tired them all while on the phone to plusnet

Connection still dropping

Connorjw92

I really do not know what to do. It's very stressful

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Connorjw92   Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

If you decide to also post on the Twitter/Facebook accounts and get a response from there, please come back here and say so.

I note you say above that you have tried all the suggestions in @Gel 's links, but if any Community members are to help, we need this information in black and white.

Out of curiosity, are you on ADSL or FTTC ?

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Connrjw92,

We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your connection and for the inconvenience, this is causing. I can see that your complaint has been picked up and steps are being taken to get this resolved for you, which can be seen here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Connorjw92

5 hours later and an engineer is booked after 5 mins speaking to the right person

Fingers cross they show up tomorrow.

Thanks to all who answered, hopefully I will not be messaging again

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Connorjw92 Just let us know the result.Smiley

John