Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent for Chis Parr

Bookman
Grafter

Urgent for Chis Parr

Chris,
I've been trying to reply to your posts to my topic on the CGI problem. But every time I click reply nothing happens. I tried other threads - same problem. Then I discovered the forum had logged me out - there didn';t seem to be any warning. So I logged in again but it still won't let me reply. So I had to do a separate post.
The cgi scripts are still not working properly. After your people deleted those problem files/folders I tried changing the permissions on the scripst back to the 740 your guide recommends. I then found that the form would give the page as you mentioned (so it may have been what I did or something your people did). But the form should send an email with the person's full street address etc - and no emails were coming through.
But hold on! As I write this, 3 email messages have arrived from the script/form. They usually come immediately but these seem to have been delayed.
I'll have another look at the forms myself now and try them out.
Sorry for starting another thread!
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Urgent for Chis Parr

Is it working now then  Huh Were the emails just delayed rather than not delivered at all?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bookman
Grafter

Oh drat! Sorry about the confusion over reply posts - it's the first time I've used this new forum. I was clicking the "reply" hyperlink which is alongside your name. I'm used to replying in forums by clicking a link in the last message rather than at the top of the thread.
But back to the problem. It seems to be working fully now. But it wasn't working until after 4.00pm today. Now the user gets the expected web page, as you found, and we get the email with their address details. About an hour ago the web page was working but no emails arrived for about 30 minutes. Probably an unrelated temporary problem.
But I still don't know what caused the scripts to malfunction after they had worked perfectly for about 5 months. I did mess about with the ccgi server this weekend trying unsuccessfully to put a web site on it. But I didn't even open the cgi-bin, let alone change any permissions on the scripts.
Anyway, it's working, so thanks!  Smiley
Chris
Legend

Great to hear it's working.
Shout up if you have any more q's
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bookman
Grafter

By the way - nice forum!
Well, except for the reply button being in a funny place! Grin
Chris
Legend

I use the one at the bottom right of the thread, underneath the last post. Seems a good a place as any for a reply button to me Cheesy
madjbright
Grafter

There is a "post a reply" link in the bottom bar just below the last post as well as in the top bar.
Bookman
Grafter

Oh yes - and look, it works too [presses button].  BANG  Grin
But seriously, thanks everyone for ending a frustrating time. As well as getting my problem fixed, I've learnt how to use the new forum - not bad for an old codger like me!
Cheers!
Liam
Grafter

Good stuff... glad it's sorted.