cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Anyone from Customer services who can help with a possible referral ?

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Urgent - Anyone from Customer services who can help with a possible referral ?

Can anyone from Customer Services help with a sales enquiry ?
My brother has just moved house.  He gets his landline phone and broadband service from the Utility Warehouse, who promised him that he could take his old telephone number with him, as he was only moving about half a mile away.  However, the Utility Warehouse has now told him that BT are refusing to allow him to port his telephone number, because he is not a BT client !
If I persuaded him to move his account to Plusnet, would he be able to keep his old telephone number, as Plusnet is part of BT ?
This all sounds ridiculous in this day and age, but it has left him without a telphone since he moved in, and now he is being told it will be another two weeks before he gets a telephone service.  To add insult to injury, his ISP (3) has no signal in his new house, so he is ex communicado !
Any urgent reply is needed, please !
5 REPLIES 5
Mark
Grafter

Re: Urgent - Anyone from Customer services who can help with a possible referral ?

Not sure what Utility Warehouse is playing at but moving between phone providers does not usually prove to be so problematic.
Moving from a BT Retail service to us will definately allow him to keep his number. In this case something has clearly gone terribly wrong and I'm worried that UW have screwed things up badly.
PM me your referrers phone number and I'll get someone to do a bit of checking in the morning.
Providing they (UW) havent killed his service completely we should be able to sort it for him.
shermans
Pro

Re: Urgent - Anyone from Customer services who can help with a possible referral ?

Mark
Thanks.  I have (hopefully) pm'd you.  I say hopefully, because I got a copy of it in my email in a weird format which looked as if I had pm'd myself !  Let me know if you don't get it please.
Anyway, thanks for the help.  If you are able to help him keep his old number, how long would the re-connection take ?  He would need a broadband package of course and would also need a second landline.  Is a second land-line possible with only one broadband connection ?
TVM
Nick
Mark
Grafter

Hi Nick.
Didnt get the PM. I did notice some dodgyness with PM's last night but though it was just me Smiley
If you could try and resend it that would be good, failing that email me via the link in my profile and I'll get back to you.
I'll not set any expectation just yet regarding re-connection until I understand the current status of his service.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Mark
shermans
Pro

Mark
I have tried again, using both "Send this person a personal message" at the bottom of your profile and also using the "Email" link on your profile, but which has a little red cross against it (user-email.gif) which is presumably an icon of some sort.  Hopefully, one or other will work this time !
Again, I have just received this ambiguous message in my Outlook Inbox :
"-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:22 PM
To: alias@name.plus.com
Subject: Mark Kelly

Hello Mark,
The following is an email sent to you by shermans via your account on Forum. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address at community@plus.net
Message sent to you follows
Hi Mark
Thanks for your response......"

I have not included the rest.
Am I doing something wrong ?
shermans
Pro

Mark
OK, got your response through the PM this time.  Thanks.