cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream sync has gone down to 288kbit

mrbez
Dabbler

Upstream sync has gone down to 288kbit

Working from home atm due to a stress fracture in my foot  Crazy and noticed that vpn/rdp is a bit slow...
Checked my router stats and it's only syncing at 288 kbit. I did raise a query for a line reset a few weeks back, not sure if that affected it - it used to be 1mbit+
Can someone have a look please?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upstream sync has gone down to 288kbit

I assume you have resynced to try and get it back - in my case this happens if the line resyncs while the phone is ringing and I have no idea why
mrbez
Dabbler

Just resynced and yeh it's fixed it, thanks.
My last disconnect was due to the phone ringing as well, not sure why it's happening. Got a filtered faceplate and put 2 filters on the extension to try and stop it - it hadn't happened in over a week which is why I didn't try restarting...
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Snap - I tried that as well with no effect but it only happens very occasionally so I gave up.
One thing I noticed is that whenever the phone rings there is a small jump in the upstream corrected errors
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just happened again
mrbez
Dabbler

Since I got the sync back to >1mbit it now drops the pppoa connection when anyone rings.
I never realised before but it must be that it stops doing it when it's sync'd at 288. Is this due to a wiring/line fault or what?
I wouldn't mind but my SNR is pants because of it - I went from 6db to 12db in the space of a day Sad
Edit: If any p.net techies read this can you cap my upstream somehow please, or give some insight into this? I'd rather have slightly slower up speeds and better downstream/stability any day... Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI mrbez,
it may be worth raising a fault, as the initial checks that are done will tell you whether there is a phone fault.
Jojo Smiley