cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream Speed

FIXED
Hadders

Upstream Speed

Hi.  Is the upstream speed capped?  I am trying to backup photos onto the cloud and getting about 120kb/s which is going to take forever.  Downstream speed is fine.

6 REPLIES 6
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Upstream Speed

Fix

Morning @Hadders, thanks for your post.

I've checked the line and although I'm not detecting an actual fault, it does appear that the 'DLM' was set a little low on your U/L.

I've amended this for you now and you should notice it creeping up over the next hour or so.

For reference, it's not a setting that we've set - it's automatically set by the exchange. Also, as per Openreach estimates you're likely to only get a maximum of 1.5mbps U/L.

Please let us know if the changes I've made don't help, or if you need anything else at all.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Also, as per Openreach estimates you're likely to only get a maximum of 1.5mbps U/L.

On ADSL , really Huh I thought the absolute theoretical max on ADSL2 was 1.4mbps and anything above 1.2mbps is about as rare as the proverbial RHM

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@MisterW I suspect that he was looking at the AnnexM field on our systems which does offer up to 1.5mbps at the expense of some download speed

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@MatthewWheeler As this is not in the Business forum I assumed it was residential.

Annex M isn't available on residential accounts is it ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@MisterW It's not hence the confusion above Smiley

Our internal estimate checkers still show it as available regardless of the type of account which is why I think it was mentioned above.

As you've said the highest upload sync speeds tend to be around 1.2mbps

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Hadders

Hi @OskarPapa,

Thanks - that worked great.

All the best,

H