cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream SNR change

Kei

Upstream SNR change

First of all, thanks for the better/stable connection since I moved away from TalkTalk.
Downstream SNR is good at 6 dB, but I noticed that the upstream SNR is ridiculously high at 28 dB and obviously, my upload rates are really poor (approx. 0.35 MB/s) compared to what I had previously with TalkTalk (approx. 0.85MB/s).
Can someone please disable DLM and change the upstream SNR to 9 dB? I'd like to see if that is enough to improve upload speeds without heavily impacting on the download and stability of my connection.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Upstream SNR change

Assuming you are on 21CN (ADSL2+) you need the upstream uncapped, not an SNR reset.
PN by default are still providing ADSL2+ customers on a capped upstream service, but will uncap on request. The DCT should pick this up in the morning and put the order through for you.
If you are not on 21CN then you can still have your upstream uncapped, but there is a cost implication for Max Premium of £7.83 a month.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll have a look at this now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've placed an order to uncap your upload due to complete tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kei

Well I'm definitely on G.992.5, ADSL2+.
As long as the uncapping does not incur any additional costs on my line I'm fine with that. However, if you're asking for an additional £8 on top of my monthly subscription fee just to add 60kb/s on the upload, then no thank you (that's extortion).
Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there.
We don't charge for uncapping the upload on a ADSL2+ line.
If you're on a 20cn ADSL1 line that's the only time a charge is applied
Hope that helps
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team