cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload uncap request

x47c
Grafter

Upload uncap request

Can I request my ADSL2+ upload to be uncapped please.
During my BB fault over the jubilee weekend the DLM recapped my upload down to 440kbps sync (I can’t blame it) and there it has stayed. Previously it was around 1160kbps sync uncapped with D the interleaver depth at 4.
After the fault was cleared I did ask for it be uncapped but the PN CS rep warned me that I was going to loose exactly the same amount of download as I gained from the upload by this change.  I decided that they were totally confused between AnnexM broadband which DOES affect the download directly, and simply uncapping the upload on standard broadband which should not normally affect the download at all as it just loads up the bits/tone fully on the upload part of the spectrum. It certainly didn’t on mine previously. Not surprisingly I didn’t pursue the matter at the time!
As I know the PN reps on this board do understand what is meant by uncapping the upload on standard 21CN ADSL2+ connection can I put in a request for it to be done on my line please.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upload uncap request

Hi x47c,
Placed for you (sorry I'd have done it yesterday if the systems weren't playing up) - should complete tomorrow.
danieltharris
Dabbler

Are there downsides to having it uncapped?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It can sometimes effect download speeds and in rare situations can make the line unstable.  I suggest you try it and see. If you start getting problems have the cap put back on - or try a better router!