Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload sync capped?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upload sync capped?

It means that you have a line fault which will need sorting
If, when you check with a corded phone there is still noise on the line then you need to raise a phone fault
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

ok so i'd thought i'd try something while i was waiting and ive removed the face plate of the master socket and plugged straight into the test socket a filter/router and dect phone and so far  even with incoming and outgoing calls the noise margin looks alot more stable no big dips anymore. I'm going to monitor it for an hour and then try to work out which part of the internal is causing the problems.
how does my logic/process sound?
do you think i have found the fault?
do you still think its capped or banded?
if so how do i go about getting it removed?
thanks for you time oldjim
peter
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

how does my logic/process sound? Very good
do you think i have found the fault? Very likely
do you still think its capped or banded? Probably banded
if so how do i go about getting it removed? Let us see what happens over the next couple of days as staff probably won't pick it up here until Monday
A question
Were there any phones connected to the other sockets as it may be a dodgy filter
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

yes i have two fitted extensions only one one attached to it via filter and router is in a cupboard via an lead extension plugged straight into master socket so process of elimination.
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

ok here is stats for the last hour .
AndyT
Grafter

Hi Pramsbottom,
The upload speed is currently capped, so I've placed an order to uncap it which should complete by Tuesday morning.  It sounds as though you've identified the cause of the noise on your line, but please feel free to update your fault ticket if you have any further findings to add.
Thanks
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

Ok thank you but I was told on Thursday that an order had been placed to uncap it Friday but that obviously hasn't happened
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The modify order is still open (I'd have expected it to be closed by now). Please keep an eye on it, and if it's not uncapped today, we'll need to contact BT for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

Can you have a look at a ticket I amended in Saturday evening I believe there is intermittent noise on the line causing problems with broadband such as connection drops so far there hasn't been any reply to the ticket and this needs investigation. Further line testing is needed
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Re: the phone fault - I've updated your ticket.
Re: the stuck profile - I'm chasing BTw.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Actually, the upload should improve tomorrow. I'm waiting for further information from you re the phone fault.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

Ticket has been updated last night re availability for engineer visit.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thanks, I've replied back. Not all good news I'm afraid, but hopefully we can move forward.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

I think I've closed the ticket by mistake can you see if thurs or Friday pm slots are available or same Monday
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thanks for the update - I've updated the new ticket that's been raised for you. The appointments been sorted for tomorrow afternoon for you.
Once we've got this sorted, we'll sort the upload out for you.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team