cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed test error (0.00mb/s), recently heavy lag and connection dropping

ile

Upload speed test error (0.00mb/s), recently heavy lag and connection dropping

So as per the topic for the past couple of days I've been getting upload speed of 0.00 and an upload speed test error from speedtest.net. Download speeds are fairly normal. 

As a result all online gaming is out of the question. I'm getting failed to ping servers and unable to connect. This has been the case since 29th March.

Prior to this for the past few weeks I've noticed the connection dropping and continuous lag spikes of 3000-4000ms while gaming.

2 REPLIES 2
richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Upload speed test error (0.00mb/s), recently heavy lag and connection dropping

Welcome. Your problem could be any number of things, so bear with us while we ask a load of daft questions, like...

Does the problem happen at any time of day?

Does the problem happen with a wired connection (as opposed to wi-fi)?

Have you started to hear funny noises on your landline phone, like clicks, rattles, crackling, hissing, music, voices?

Can you share modem stats?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Upload speed test error (0.00mb/s), recently heavy lag and connection dropping

Hi there.

Our tests aren't finding any issues. Are your devices connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and further help can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, please can you run a speed test at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com completing the further diagnostics? -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet