I am fed up with recent problems.

What's happening now?

2 REPLIES 2
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Upload speed deadly slow

You are lucky. My download is terrible.

Settling in had lots of drops, completely off or too slow to turn a forum page. Eventually a call centre person did tests and sais my upload was barely registering, so suggested sending a new modem (especially as Ethernet wouldn't even  give  2 , with the laptop a about a foot away and a new filter made no difference).  This cut the frequency of drops, but there is still buffering a couple of times during an iplayer usage and the odd brief drop that cuts you out of a survey,so losing money.

I have never had such poor service, having been with O2 on a BT line for about 4 years with a good 5 to 5.4 over wifi. Then 3 years with Sky getting 6 to 6.4. Neither had frequent drop outs, even during settling.

Things seemed to have settled (been on for just 4 weeks) when we had a drop out tonight and such slow speed that it wouldn't support even one,let alone two laptops, just reading forums.

During settling an operator told me we were getting a feed of 5.7 (less than over wifi on Sky) but said things would improve (they got worse)and eventually I got an email saying my inwards speed would be 5.3, so over wifi I don't even get 5 .

I so regret leaving Sky.

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Upload speed deadly slow

Just to add: The person who did line tests indicating a faulty modem also said she could see constant drops to my service.

Is PlusNet going to do anything about the issues many seem to be having or must we contact Watchdog (currently running), who recently did a programme about internet speeds?