cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload meltdown

cnewq5

Upload meltdown

During the last 24 hours, it's become almost impossible to upload large files (more than a couple of MB). I've had very slow upload speeds, and problems with uploads being dropped and restarting since getting PlusNet broadband. But this last day has made it impossible for me to work normally, as uploads are essential to my work.
At first, I thought it was a YouTube glitch. But I've done a test upload to Vimeo, and have the same issue. Uploads to my website (using WordPress) have also been problematic. Only using FTP can I be sure the slow downs and interruptions won't sabotage an upload. But you can't use FTP for every site.
Are others experiencing similar problems? I realize a lot of customers depend more on download than upload speeds. My speed ratio of upload:download is about 10:1. I don't know if that's normal, but it's certainly frustrating. The worst, however, is seeing upload after upload fail.
Could someone from PN please look into this?
PN, you already failed badly getting my phoneline transferred from BT (your parent company*), costing me another month's rental to them, when I had paid upfront for a year's rental from you (5 week delay - I'm supposed to move to PN tomorrow). Now, my internet service is only semifunctional. That's two strikes.
If things don't improve, I'll be getting legal advice about ending my contract asap. Another 17 months of this, and I'll be bankrupt anyway.
*Funnily enough, there was no problem transferring my broadband from your rival Virgin.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upload meltdown

Hi there,
I've just placed an order to uncap your upstream tomorrow.
That should lead to a much better experience for you but drop me a reply back here if there still seems to be a problem.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cnewq5

Thanks, Adam. But why was there a cap in the first place? And why wasn't I informed of it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It's just how the service is provided. Due to feedback we've had on this we're looking to change this in the future.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team