Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speeds

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Upload Speeds

Quote from: penfold
.................. so I disconnected and reconnected, and things seem better now, uploads back at around 380kbps.  Wonder why, suppose will never know  Huh

I presume you mean you disconnected your PPP session with PN and possibly reconnected on another gateway, rather that a router re-sync?
Going for a full router re-boot, could do, do it by powering down and leaving it off for say 1/4 or 1/2 an hour, but do it tomorrow around midday when noise levels should be better.
What am I thinking? - several things, can't put a finger on it yet and I don't want to introduce any red herrings. Let's ask a few basic questions.
What sort of line had you got - overhead/underground ?
What sort of Mastersocket - is it the latest Linebox? does it have OpenReach logo or BT Piper logo?
Do you have any extensions, if so how many? What sort of filters are you using, I presume you have one in every used socket?
Any sky or similar boxes plugged in? via a filter?
What sort of phone(s) have you got? Do you have a plain corded phone?
James
Grafter

Should the modulation not be g.Dmt, or is that the same as g.992 Annex A?
Anotherone
Champion

Same thing. Google Kitz, the web Wink
James
Grafter

I didn't feel the need to look, given the vast wealth of knowledge on this forum Wink
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

OK thanks
yes all I did was disconnect and reconnect the PPP session. Not sure if I got a different gateway, as forgot to check which one I was on Embarrassed
Line goes from house, up the wall,  and then to overhead pole, the down the pole, and runs underground I think to the Street Cab, then underground to the Exchange. 
Master socket is one with an openreach logo.
Have no other phones in the house, and as I have mentioned, the master socket has a filtered faceplate on it. Phone is a Corded one, BT Paragon 500 if it makes any odds Wink
We do have a sky box, but its not plugged into the phone line.
So basically all I have is the line to the Master socket, filtered faceplate. 1 corded phone, Cat5E extension cable as previously described to RJ11 linebox.
Will try a router reboot, but will have to do it at the W/end, as I leave for work 6:30am, and get back around 6-7pm ish. ( the joys of working in the NHS  Cheesy :D)
Thanks for the help guys......
Anotherone
Champion

Yeh, OK sorry to repeat questions you'd already answered, I should have re-read the thread  Embarrassed
I'll blame James for putting me off  :P, he's man enough to take it Wink
Do you have access to another router you can borrow? Also a known good high quality plug in filter?
Might be worth doing some comparative checks at the w/e.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Havnt got another router freely to hand, unless I borrow the parents Speedtouch 545.  Will see what I can do.
unsure if a filter would help, as the filtered faceplate is brand new, unless you think i should test at the test socket.  I do have a filter , that I was using in the test socket whilst awaiting the Faceplate.
Anotherone
Champion

Yep, definitely, just to be sure the faceplate hasn't gone faulty!