cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speeds at Zero (but DL speed as normal)?

brawleroilmist

Upload Speeds at Zero (but DL speed as normal)?

After searching the web and Plusnet's own help section with no joy I though I might try my luck on this forum!
My broadband connection was a new one in April and seemed to be OK but recently has been a bit 'creaky'.
After running some speed tests over the last few weeks the download speed is pretty stable at around 2.9kbps but the upload speed is zero or very minimal.  See results image.
Can anyone advise how best to resolve? (preferably without contacting Plusnet 'customer support').
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upload Speeds at Zero (but DL speed as normal)?

First thing is to try the test wired as those test results seem to imply that it is wireless
Also try this test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi brawleroilmist,
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues and confusion with the upload speeds, the results you posted do seem rather strange with regards to the results you have where speeds are zero. Can I ask if you're actually seeing any problems with the connection by way of browsing or things like sending emails at all?
In addition, if you could have a go at running a BT Speed test via a wired connection for us just to make sure there isn't something strange going on with the Speedtest.net tests. Once you have the results, if you could post a screen capture here we should be able to advise you further.
On a side note, checking your account does show that the upload speed is capped at 448kbps (which shouldn't have a baring on the results you're seeing) so I've placed an order to have this uncapped for you as this should have already been done as part of your house move. This should be complete within the next 24 hours for you.
brawleroilmist

Thanks OldJim and Adam C, I will try those suggestions this evening and see what happens.
Cheers, Rob