cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed

grayhound

Upload Speed

Hello,
Overnight I tried to upload a video to YouTube but when I checked this morning, it was still running. I did a quick speed test and although my upload speed is 2355 kbps, my upload is only 50 kbps.
I know upload is always going to be relatively slow, but is this right? what does everyone else get on the basic Plus Net package?

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Upload Speed

Hi grayhound,
Was the upload to Youtube still running in the background when you performed the speed test?
grayhound

Hello again,
No, I started the upload about 11:30pm last night, the file was about 2GB and by this morning around 7.00am it said 23 hours remaining!! I stopped the upload and it wasn't until some time later that I decided to do the speed test whilst nothing else was running.
I know I'm on the value package, but I still expect that uploads should be a tad quicker than that!
I've had a go at resetting the router via it's admin page, and just ran another speed test now and my download has actually improved, but upload is still terribly slow.
lexusuk
Grafter

I've checked your upstream sync rate which is showing at 448kbps and that's normal.  On an online speed tester you should see between 300kbps to 380kbps under normal circumstances.  Can you confirm if you are using a wired or wireless connection between your pc and router?  If wireless, please connect with an ethernet cable directly and run a test at:
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/
Additionally, do you have any other computers using your connection or is it just your single machine?