Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Upload Speed

Hi, could someone advise please, this is not a speed issue really but guidance would be appreciated. I joined Plusnet a couple of weeks ago and have noticed that my upload speed is only 364, It has been like this even when I was with ADSL24, I haven't bothered with it because (Touch Wood ) my download speeds are good.
In the past my upload speed was always 385kbps even if my download speed was really bad, i was wondering if there is any adjustment I could do, My stats for my router is as follows
  Line Rate        8096 Kbps    448 Kbps 
  Noise Margin    9.9 dB        24.0 dB 
Line Attenuation 4.0 dB        0.5 dB 
Output Power    7.8 dBm    12.4 dBm
I have the BT Voyager 210 ADSL Router and am running Vista Home Premium with Norton Internet Security 2008.

regards
jono
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Upload Speed

according to the line stats you upload sync rate is 448Kbs which is the max you can have with ADSL Max.
Where are you getting the 385bKbs figure from? If this is a speedtest result then that is probably correct given the protocol overheads on ADSL (approx 10 -> 15%).
James
Grafter

Hi Jono,
Those results look perfectly reasonable with an IPStream Max account.
Residential ADSL services come with a maximum upload speed of 448Kbps, which, after overheads would offer speeds similar to what you are seeing.
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi, the 385 kbps is the upload speed when doing a speed test I have always got while being on the Max speed even when with Tiscali and ADSL24, it has only dropped since about 3 months ago, I know its not much but thought I would ask the question just to see if there was some setting I needed to tweak.
If that is fine then OK, Question answered 
kind regards to those who answered
jono