Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Very Low

lschlagel

Upload Speed Very Low

I have just done a speednet test with the following results:
Download: 11.24 Mb/s
Upload: 1.09 Mb/s
Ping: 15ms

It seems my upload speed is extremely low.  As I hope to take a job doing online teaching, I have been told I need to increase this speed.
Please advise on how to do so.
Thanks for your help.
Laurie S.
4 REPLIES 4
lschlagel

Re: Upload Speed Very Low

Just to add I have a Plusnet supplied Thomson TG585 v7 router.
I was unable to get the router stats asked for as I was not able to log into the site using the information provided.
Cheers,
Laurie
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That speed is just about the maximum you will get on ADSL2+ so unless fibre is available your only option is to move to a Business product and request Annex M for an extra £10 per month http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/upload_speeds.shtml
What speeds do they say you will need
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: lschlagel
It seems my upload speed is extremely low.  As I hope to take a job doing online teaching, I have been told I need to increase this speed.

This strikes me as a bit fishy.  Surely nobody working from home will have faster upload speeds than 1 Mbps unless then have fibre or a special (non-domestic) version of the normal broadband service.  Your prospective employer must know this, if they know anything at all about what they are asking for..   
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'd certainly try and have a look into what it is they are requiring you to do and 1MB upload would normally be sufficient generally. Fibre's not available for you at the moment and there in no date set either for it in your area.