Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Query

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Upload Speed Query

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can comment on this.
I have seen several comments on these boards relating to UPLOAD speed on ADSL. Last night I noticed a comment by OldJIm on somebody's reported speed statistics (sorry, can't now find the post) where they had posted a .png picture of results of 'Further Diagnostics' on the BT Wholesale BB Performance Tester.
The comment was to the effect that the 'Max Available Upload Speed' of 0.45Mbps was "slow" for the corresponding Download Speed. I too have always had an Upload Speed that seems capped at 0.45Mbps and this seems rather slow, on a previous ISP I could get around 1Mbps.
I just tried a quick test and on a laptop connected by wireless to a 582g router on an extension socket (so nothing as it should be!) I get a satisfactory 14Mbps download, but only 0.35Mbps Upload with a Ping latency of 33.25 mS. I can't at present do the extended diagnostics (I'm getting - "during the test an error occurred") but when I tried last night I got "Max Download 21Mbps"; "Max Upload 0.45Mbps"
Is this 'Max Upload Speed' as it should be?
TIA
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Upload Speed Query

Hi there,
I'm happy to go and place an order to uncap your upload speed, this should give you an increase up to 1Mb. I'll post back shortly once the order is placed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pvmb
Aspiring Pro

May I ask if this is a charged for service?
dick:quote
Chris
Legend

Nope, no additional charge.
The order is placed and should be complete tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pvmb
Aspiring Pro

OK. Thank you.
Chris
Legend

This order is now showing as completed, so hopefully you're seeing the higher upload speeds on your line now.