cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Capping ?

powellmt

Upload Speed Capping ?

Sorry if I have missed the answer being posted elsewhere (I have been looking).
I have plusnets fibre unlimited with around 23mbps download speed and upload 1.8mbps. My question is after checking what bt fibre estimate my line to be 23mbps download & 4-5mbps upload, has plusnet capped my upload speed ? I have read about requesting a cap being lifted in a previous post but this wasn't fibre, so does this apply ?
thanks in advance
Matt.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upload Speed Capping ?

Subject to being proved wrong  Sad you have probably been provisioned on 40/2 fibre but I have no idea why
powellmt

That does seem to explain it, when ordering the upload was quoted as upto 19mbps so maybe a phone call is in order as the online assistant is not helping.
thanks for your quick response.
Matt.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The upload was indeed set at 2Mb, I've placed the order to up it to 10Mb for you and that'll complete on Monday. Hope it improves things.
powellmt

Hope it does as the phone call I made ended up costing me an extra £10.00 a month, turns out when we upgraded around April/May time there was some mix up and we got fibre download speed, capped upload speed for £9.99 (adsl priceing). Here's hoping for increased upload now things are settled.
I would like to see the virtual assistant disappear and be replaced by an email contact or a better assistant like talktalk has as this has been very frustrating.
Thanks to all for your help,
Matt.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The virtual assistant *isn't* the ticket system which you use to contact support. If you scroll down the Help & Support page http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helptop you will find a real Help Assistant tab with an Ask a question link to http://www.plus.net/wizard/. Choose a category - help pages may be offered, but if no use just close them and you'll be able to submit a question/ticket to support.
Tickets appear on your account so provide history, emails are difficult to track.
David