cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Fibre?

Razorback
Grafter

Re: Upgrading to Fibre?

Same as the deal for new customers, I would say that is a good offer.
marianuk
Grafter

Thanks to the 3 replies above, I'll definitely call them early tomorrow and bundle it all together.
marianuk
Grafter

The engineer should be coming out this afternoon.
Do the modem and router have to be plugged directly into the plug-point/wall socket, or can I plug them both into a single power surger protector? This will free up space for the powerline adapter nearby.
Also will any phones still need to connected to microfilters?
Thanks.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi marianuk,
You should be fine to run the router/modem from the power strip/surge protector in order to free up an additional socket for the powerline adapter. As for filters, any other phone around the house should be filtered before plugging them into the phone socket.
marianuk
Grafter

Thanks, just waiting on the engineer to call.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

As for filters, any other phone around the house should be filtered before plugging them into the phone socket.

Really? When BT installed my fibre modem the engineer removed the micro filters from the phones & everything works OK.
marianuk
Grafter

Quote from: Adam
Hi marianuk,
You should be fine to run the router/modem from the power strip/surge protector in order to free up an additional socket for the powerline adapter. As for filters, any other phone around the house should be filtered before plugging them into the phone socket.

All set-up quickly and running smoothly so far. Will wait for 2 weeks to pass to see what speed the fibre settles at.
Checking my phone, it seems it is still with BT. When will my phone line be transferred over to Plusnet from BT?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

about 10 days later from memory - OFCOM anti slamming rule
marianuk
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim.