cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading firmware of Technicolor TG582n remotely please

ejkirby

I was wondering if someone from plusnet could help me, i have a Technicolor TG582n and i use a mac, im pretty sure there is an update for my router (Im on 8.4.4.J), could someone please update (Latest stable release)  as i cannot use the windows tool on this laptop.
Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi, welcome to the Forum. How long have you had it? Reason I ask is does it have a USB socket?
Plusnet should have the serial number recorded on your account - don't post it on the thread!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Upgrading firmware of Technicolor TG582n remotely please

Hi there,
Sorry for the late response.
We should be able to do this for you. I'll speak to someone in our Products team tomorrow, and will provide you with an update.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ejkirby

Hi,
Sorry but I haven't herd anything and the box doesn't appear to have been upgraded.
Andy
jim:quote
Anotherone
Champion

You didn't respond to the thread, as you need to ensure that the modem/router is left on, and the upgrade process will mean it will take you off-line for a period (about 15minutes) whilst the upgrade is taking place, you need to be aware of when it is going to happen etc.
Someone from the CRT may see this later today, hopefully they will have the information as per reply #1 above.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Can you please PM one of us about this. We can do it, but we don't want to cause problems. I ask for your PM as I want you to confirm the serial number just to ensure we have the right details.
Thanks.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ejkirby

I PM'ed you a while ago now, you may have missed it, obviously you can see this isn't particularly urgent for me as there is weeks between my posts! Smiley
Thanks for your help.
dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion

Not sure when Tony will be on next, but are you going to either be around to respond to this thread or confirm your connection isn't being or won't used for several hours (during normal office hours) and that it's on 24/7?
ejkirby

im sorry there is so long between replies, i hadn't got notifications turned on so i didn't realise there was a response!
the box is connected 24/7 and can be taken down during normal office hours (Please let me know if you can when you plan to do it!)
jim:quote