cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Broadband package

waldron
Grafter

Upgrading Broadband package

I have been with PlusNet since 2005 and currently am on Broadband Plus monthly tariff. Until now this has been satisfactory as I have usually done downloads during the day. However I now find I occasionally have to do them in the evenings, but the speed is so appalling (around 23 Kb/s) that it is impractical.
So I am considering upgrading to Broadband Pro. Am I right in thinking that if I do, I will have to enter into a 12 month contract, despite being with PlusNet for 4 years? That is the one thing which is putting me off, as I am not sure I will be at this address then.
5 REPLIES 5
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Upgrading Broadband package

While you do start a new 12 month contract, you can pay the deferred  £30 set-up fee to end it at any time within that 12 months and leave with 10 days notice. After 12 months you can leave with just 10 days notice and nothing more to pay. If you opt for the 'free' router you have to pay for that if you leave within 12 months.
See the 'no contract option' on the product descriptions when you click on residential at the top of the PN homepage.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As you are already a Plusnet user, if you don't take a free router or home move you will be on 10 days notice with nothing to pay.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
waldron
Grafter

Now I am confused. The two previous posts seem to contradict each other. One says I have to pay £30 if I leave within 12 months, the other says I don't. Or am I missing something?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As a PN user for 4+ years your activation setup costs are long since written off so I haven't a clue what Peter was talking about. If you haven't take hardware, haven't had a free house move and you move to another supplier using a MAC you will have nothing to pay.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
waldron
Grafter

Thanks, Jelv. That has put my mind at rest.