cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre no upload increase along with other problems.

sully48
Dabbler

Upgraded to Fibre no upload increase along with other problems.

Hi there
I recently upgraded to Plusnet fibre since then iv consistently had problems , the reason i upgraded was so i can do multiple tasks at home . Download whilst browsing etc i never noticed the problem before i upgraded my old plusnet line.
If I'm downloading or even watching something online my fibre hits a wall and the pages take ages to show up if at all.
Iv heard about traffic management but should it really be this severe on a fibre connection ?
The other problem is my upload hasn't increased a single bit from my old connection i get 16 DL 0.45-0.5 UP when it was pretty much stated i would get 16 Down 2 UP.
Any help appreciated.
Martin
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Upgraded to Fibre no upload increase along with other problems.

Hi Martin,
Can you please check your "Current Speed" on the PN portal please.
It is not unheard of for the profile to not be correctly updated from your ADSL value after upgrading to FTTC.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sully48
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks for the fast reply.
Info from current speed is as follows.
Estimated line speed:
16Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-03-03 17:53:01
Current line speed:
16 Mb
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

There is no upstream profile. If your FTTC estimate was 16 down and 2 up, it sounds like you just have a long and/or not very good line between you and the cabinet, similar to what npr is stuck with.
You need to do a speedtest and then further diagnostics to see BT IP profile.
sully48
Dabbler

Here are the results :
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 15.14 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 0.44 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

I ran it a few times to be safe all with the same result.
Had an Openreach engnineer out the other day to fix a fault on the line that didn't really do much . He did however inform me that the exchange I'm connected to is the one down the road from me which is stupid as there is literally an exchange 20 ft away from my house.
I'm guessing this has something to do with the problem ..
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I see that our faults team have still detected an issue with your line, they'll be in-touch with you regarding this.
sully48
Dabbler

Thanks Chris