cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or new contract?

tinadebska

Upgrade or new contract?

Hello
My 1st. post here. sorry if I am in wrong section.
I would like to go unlimited broadband because now I  am limited at 60GB  (over 60 just with extra costs) and also I would like bigger speed.
I don't know if can I upgrade my contract or just finish it and sign a new one with better conditions.
I am not sure but I think I'm living in an area with out fiber optic.
What are my options ?
THX
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Upgrade or new contract?

If you put your number in http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ it should give you your broadband options (whether you can get fibre) and estimated speeds.
tinadebska

OK  .
I'm going to have a look .
Thank you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You will not see any improvement in basic speeds if you just move from Extra to Unlimited but stay on standard ADSL, as AndyH said you'd probably need to go to fibre to see an improvement.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tinadebska

So  I need to see if  I can go fiber first , and after that to look  for upgrades or new contract .
thx. jelv
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you login to the Member Centre, click the Product Change menu item at the top, then click Change my products it will give you a list of the current products available to you.
You could, if you wished, follow that through to actually change your product (taking effect on your next billing date). However if you do wish to change I suggest exiting the change process and giving the Customer Options Team a call. They might be able to offer a better deal.
David