Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade F9 Option 1 -> PN Extra

delta3
Dabbler

Upgrade F9 Option 1 -> PN Extra

Hi
We're currently on Force9 Broadband Premier Option 1 and I have just seen the Plusnet Extra package.  I have a few questions:
1) If we upgrade, do we keep our Force9 (<user>@<domain>.force9.co.uk) email addresses?
2) It appears that the changes would be :

• lower price (£21.99 down to £17.99, I assume this is the price for Market 2)

• larger Usage Allowance (13GB up to 60GB)

• longer Peak Time (8 hrs up to 16 hrs)

• changed traffic shaping (http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php)

Have i missed any changes I need to factor in?
Many thanks
Nick
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Upgrade F9 Option 1 -> PN Extra

Welcome to the Forum
You keep the F9 address, and you can carry any other goodies you have (Except the peak/off peak hours) other wise, dont think you have forgotten anything
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If your exchange has been 21CN enabled you have the option of ADSL2+ ('up to 20Mbps' speeds) on the new product. That is likely to be of benefit only if your current 20CN maxDSL speed is higher than 4Mbps.
David
delta3
Dabbler

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Welcome to the Forum
You keep the F9 address, and you can carry any other goodies you have (Except the peak/off peak hours) other wise, dont think you have forgotten anything

Thanks for the welcome and info pierre_pierre.  Just what I wanted to hear.
Quote from: spraxyt
If your exchange has been 21CN enabled you have the option of ADSL2+ ('up to 20Mbps' speeds) on the new product. That is likely to be of benefit only if your current 20CN maxDSL speed is higher than 4Mbps.

Thanks spraxyt.  Unfortunately, 21CN looks a fairly long way off where we are, and 4Mbps is above the max speed we've achieved; being out in the sticks, and a fair way from the exchange.
All-in-all, the pros seem to outweigh the cons, so I'm thinking of going for the upgrade. 
Question: I've seen elsewhere in the forum mention of a 1 month trial period.  Does this hold for legacy products (F9 Option 1), and how would we revert if it's no longer available as an option? 
Thanks again.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes the 1 month does mean you can go back to the legacy
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you decide to go for the upgrade (and I see no reason not to) I think letting an agent action it manually is best. The automated system has been known to make a hash of retaining add-ons.  Roll_eyes
You could confirm the option to go back with the agent handling the change.
Product changes take place on the next billing date.
David
delta3
Dabbler

Thanks again for your replies pierre-pierre and spraxyt.  I think I'll be actioning the upgrade (with an agent sounds like a good idea) before the end of the billing period.  I'm sure I'll not need to revert, but like the idea of the option being there.
I've got to confess I have no idea if I've got any add-ons.  What are they? And where would I look to check?  I've searched for 'options' both on the PN site and here, it being a common word - I'm not getting anywhere!  I've also looked at my account details and am non-the-wiser.  I've never referred and have no broadband phone.
Thanks in advance.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you  or are you using any web space for programs, that used to be free, I still have mine after moving, I am also on a Heritage 240 phone package and have free a me.uk name after the security lapse as well as my free-online one
delta3
Dabbler

Quote from: pierre_pierre
have you  or are you using any web space for programs, that used to be free, I still have mine after moving, I am also on a Heritage 240 phone package and have free a me.uk name after the security lapse as well as my free-online one

None of the above.  Looks like I've missed out!
Thanks again to you and spraxyt.  I think I'm sorted now.  Smiley
Incidentally, we've just got yet another warning that we've got 2 GB left of Peak Usage before thottling.  This time half-way through the month!  So looking forward to a 60GB allowance.