cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up my speed please

lisapetewright
Grafter

Re: Up my speed please

Chris is anyone going to reply to the log or contact me. Issue has not be resolved
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
Our Faults Team should be in touch at some point today to discuss this further with you.
lisapetewright
Grafter

Chris,
Someone has updated the log online and txt'd that's it. the issue is not sorted, nor resolved or fixed nor did anyone contact me
I am still unhappy and now thinking of leaving as paying for something i do not get at all what so ever!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

lisapetewright,
As per the Fault Ticket, your speed estimates are on the lower side as you can see on the screenshots that you've provided previously.
The last Speed Test that we can see shows that you recorded speeds of 47Mb - this is within acceptable limits for your line - the engineer and hit notes have confirmed this. The engineer has also swapped out the modem for you.
We can't provide you with faster speeds because the speeds your Modem and Cabinet are at it's maximum, this is worked out from both Line Length, Potential Crosstalk and Coper Cable quality between the cabinet and your premises.
If there is anything else you believe we may have missed or haven't done, please let us know and I'd be happy to take a look into things further for you.
lisapetewright
Grafter

So why can my next door have double the speed and use the same cab, has all the same line stats....?
How about some reinbursment for lack of speeds for what I pay for, lack of correct product for months from PN
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Each line is different, we're not trying to tell you that you can't have this you or that, we're here to help and we're just being realistic with your connection. Looking at the engineers notes no fault can be found and given that you're running within the estimates I'm not sure what else could be done.
Our products differ on cost with usage rather than the speed provided.
lisapetewright
Grafter

See my 1st post of the BT Speed estimate....i'm not getting whats being offered
So why is next door
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Chris,
I know well in respect of ADSL that one line can indeed be markedly different from one door to the next using the same cable bundle.  It comes down to just how good a particular d-side pair is; getting a good one can be a lottery and sometimes it can be a matter of accepting the best of a very band bunch.  A poor pair can be still be "within specification" but that is solely down to BTOR specs being so wide that in places you could dive a bendy bus through them sideways on.
I do not imagine that matters are any different in respect of the d-side for fibre, however unlike ADSL BTOR have made sure that users cannot get at the raw line stats, so that they have no means of measuring service quality.  How can one be sure that the d-side is the best it can be, as opposed to defective but within specification?  Cross talk, arising from poor quality d-side circuits, is a well recognised issue impacting fibre speed performance.
What is the VOICE noise level like on this user's copper pair?  How much better is (in fact) the next door neighbour's line and just why will BTOR not provide a d-side pair of similar quality, if there is indeed a quality difference?
I think we are seeing far too much variation arising from poor quality BTOR d-side pair infrastructure which they are unwilling to put right.  Unfortunately, subscribers see this as a provider - that is a PN - issue and believe (wrongly) that changing providers will deliver a better service.  Sadly unless that provider is Virgin, with their own non-BTOR infrastructure, this is not likely to be the case.  The same defective BTOR cables used by a different provider will deliver the same sub-standard performance IRRESPECTIVE of who the user pays their bill to.
When will the 'new' CEO of PN take BTw / BTOR by the scruff of the neck and get a better service provision for PN users?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dhaos
Grafter

Is "next door" not with virgin cable as double your speed would be 76mb-94mb and as far as i know no fibre can reach abover 80mb on a telephone line.
lisapetewright
Grafter

No Virgin fiber here. Everything ADSL but Sky, PN, Talktalk and BT Fiber that's it. BT OR talks rubbish, look at the graph
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It may be that changing the whole D-side would make an improvement, it may not though and with the speed results being within the estimates it's not something our suppliers would look to do unless there was either a fault detected or it's not within the speed estimate.

lisapetewright
Grafter

BT been out today, spray painting the road so I've asked the guy why etc etc
New cables to be laid, power and fiber, new cab next this one (this one being 12ft from my house)
Told him i've had tons of issues can i get put on this cab. I got handed a letter asking could they dig my path up. So BT have admitted they installed the cable wrong for the whole site, TOOLS! and now want to dig my land. I see ££££
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

lisapetewright,
(Not sure why I though you were "Chris" last time I responded!)
As for seeing ££££ for BT wanting to dig on your land, if you look in your property deeds, you might find that they already have a wayleave (covenant) to do so.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

Where did BT admit they installed the wrong cable?
lisapetewright
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
lisapetewright,
(Not sure why I though you were "Chris" last time I responded!)
As for seeing ££££ for BT wanting to dig on your land, if you look in your property deeds, you might find that they already have a wayleave (covenant) to do so.

I bought the land and own everything on it! Wouldn't buy it other wise i'm that tight