cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unuseable broadband for a week

kezjohndavis1

Unuseable broadband for a week

Does it normally take a week to repair an unuseable internet connection due to a fault? Lots of other providers have signed up to a compensation scheme which means that if you are without a working connection after two days then you receive compensation per day. Not plusnet.  I was also promised the cashback upon starting with plusnet and i never received it. I am wondering why I switched?

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Unuseable broadband for a week

Hi @kezjohndavis1,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this fault is causing you and for the delay in getting back to you on here. We work with our suppliers to get faults resolved as soon as we possibly can. Sadly, due to the complex nature of this fault and the traffic management required to allow our suppliers to be able to carry out the necessary work, this fault is taking longer to resolve than estimated. Our faults team are monitoring this from here and will be in touch as soon as we have an update from our suppliers.

Once the fault is resolved, our faults team will arrange a pro-rata refund of your subscription charges for the period of time that the fault was ongoing. They will also be able to look into offering a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience that the fault has caused you.

In terms of your cashback, I've checked your account and can confirm that you were sent an email to redeem your cashback in August 2019 - shortly after you joined us. The cashback wasn't redeemed and therefore this expired after two months in line with our terms and conditions, apologies for any disappointment caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team