Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusable speeds

livelee
Grafter

Unusable speeds

I'm trying to download this: http://www.zshare.net/download/6693484086b367e6/
It downloads at less than 5k/sec and eventually drops out.  I have been trying since 5pm today and it's nearly 9pm.  The most I got was 80meg.  My connection is fine, this is all down to pn throttling the site.  I have used less than 4gig of my peak usage and i'm supposed to get over 20gig peak at a decent speed on my package.
Please can you sort this out, it's not right.
4 REPLIES 4
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Unusable speeds

The entire system seems to be clogged up, lots of posts about it on various places on this forum. Its getting to the point that PN's network isn't actually usable in the evenings.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

There's a high possibility it's in our list of download sites/servers. As Steve has alluded to, we're currently investigating reports of this kind of traffic coming down at speeds far below what we'd normally expect.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

livelee
Grafter

Downloaded this morning perfectly.  Amazing stuff.  Roll_eyes
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: SteveA
The entire system seems to be clogged up, lots of posts about it on various places on this forum. Its getting to the point that PN's network isn't actually usable in the evenings.

My connection has never (yet) shown any significant slowdown in the evenings.  I know this is no consolation to all those suffering from this problem but at least it suggests that the network is not completely clogged up.  PN staff have identified a 'ballancing' issue (certain pionts on the network 'overloaded'?) and are 'working on it'.  Hopefully things will return to normal once PN have finished addressing the issues they have identified.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.