Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Broadband

zombies
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Unstable Broadband

Evening Smiley
My home broadband has been absolutely AWFUL for the past 3-5 days.
During the day it's not too bad, but as we approach afternoon/evening, it goes from 2800kbps via the PlusNet 'Broadband Speed Tester' whereas now it barely hits 500kpbs and even then, it never finishes the test.
Not only that - but connecting via my router has been problematic. Normally I'd have to wait 5-10 secs at most for it, but lately it's been upwards of a minute.
I've gone through the usual tests, left the router off all night and it all just seems so hit and miss.
This morning it was fine, yesterday morning - far less so.
I can't even run BT speedtest as I can't even get to the site to run it, even getting to this forum has been difficult.
I know that usage becomes heavier on an evening, but even with that taken into account - it has never been this bad before.
An example - I used to be able to fire up youtube, stream a 5 minute video without stopping.
Now it barely gets 10 secs in before it has to stop and reattempt.
If anyone on PN's end can take a look at my line or give me some things I can try to resolve this I'd be most grateful.
My router is a Netgear DGND3300 - I'm connected directly to the router itself.
I've tried multiple PCs here, both connected via Wireless and LAN - no difference in terms of broadband (I know it's unlikely I'd get anything different, but it rules out my own PC having issues).
Thanks,
Kris
Router Information:
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 6528 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 37.0 db 20.0 db
Noise Margin 2.9 db 18.0 db
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Unstable Broadband

Hi Kris,
Sorry to hear about the connection issues you're having.
As a first port of call for such things I'm going to point you to our fault checker as that will give you a few things to try and eliminate at home before giving an opportunity for us to look at things further and raise a fault with our suppliers if we need to.
http://faults.plus.net is the page you'll need.
Do come back here afterwards if you have any difficulties beyond that but this should point you in teh right direction to start with.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team