Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresposive browsing terrable lag online gaming

Finnigan
Grafter

Unresposive browsing terrable lag online gaming

Hi all
        Has anyone else had this when you load up a browser E.G firefox opera etc have yous had like a 10-20secs delay as if it freezes then you can browse? I have also noticed this lag spikes in online gaming too? Iam using a netgear router my download speed is 6-7mb i have had my upload uncapped to 0.71 this has been steadly getting worse for a good few weeks also from 3pm to 12 midnight and beyond the internet is sluggish like its being throttled? Any suggestions or help would be great....Finnigan Sad
3 REPLIES 3
Den
Grafter

Re: Unresposive browsing terrable lag online gaming

My speeds have dropped from download 4.33 to 2.86 mb upload 0.35ish to 0.05 gaming is almost impossible most days  my iPads work fine when browsing but the laptop taks a while to load a page also disconnected a few times lately.
den.
jslane
Grafter

I manage 2 plusnet connections and I don't see these problems. Maybe try the faults troubleshooter and see if there's a problem they can help fix? http://faults.plus.net
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

load up a browser E.G firefox opera etc have yous had like a 10-20secs delay as if it freezes then you can browse?

That sounds more like an issue with the PC or browser, the internet connection isn't going to cause software on your PC to freeze.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.